Vulva and labia are rough and bumpy. Skin is rough near the pee hole. Suggest the cure?

Mar 2013
I am very concerned. I've recently been examining my vagina, vulva and labia. I noticed the inner labia and inner vulva have been rough and bumpy and idk if it's just I have never noticed it or what. Is the inner vulva and inner labia suppose to lumpy, bumpy and rough? And I'm talking about the skin near my pee hole.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Normally, the inner surfaces of the vulva and labia are supposed to feel smooth.
They are not rough or bumpy, unless you have shaved recently, and are feeling the hair follicles, but that feeling you would easily differentiate.
The vagina, if you insert a finger inside, would feel rough and bumpy, because of the numerous mucosal folds inside.
what you can do is upload a picture if possible, so that I would be able to say if it appears normal or different somehow.
A visit to a gynecologist for a complete examination would also provide the necessary information.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.