Vtiamin b12 deficiency. Took orokind od instead of orokind plus. Unable to walk. What to do?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
hi, i have vtiamin b12 Deficiency, docotor has prescribed me to take nurokind plus, but the starting day i had taken norokind od as there was no stock of nurokind plus tablets. I felf better. From next day onwards i started to use nurokind plus tablets, but i have taken 18 tablets now, the burning sensation is gone, but still numbness is there and i am not able to walk. what should i do? But i need to walk..........
Posted Sun, 13 Jan 2013 in Vitamins
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

Vitamin B-12, also known as cobalamin, is necessary to keep the nervous system working properly.

A deficiency in this vitamin can cause serious health problems, including foot numbness.

Your doctor had prescribed you neurokind plus tablets to counteract the deficiency of this vitamin so that neuropathic smptoms you have can be controlled.

So I advice you to continue taking these tablets under supervision of your doctor.
when deficiency is under control, this numbness will gradually subside and you will become able to walk properly.

Hope this helps and you recover soon.

Wishing you a speedy recovery...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Follow-up: Vtiamin b12 deficiency. Took orokind od instead of orokind plus. Unable to walk. What to do? 12 hours later
thanks you very much for replying
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 30 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

I am glad to know I could address your concerns.

If you have no more questions, please close this discussion, rate the answer and give your review.

Dr Saurabh Gupta.