Vomiting & head spinning in child

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My son is sick Throwing up room spinning says it feels like his body is to heavy to move
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later

Your son's symptoms are mostly suggestive of Vertigo. It’s a condition characterized by dizziness/giddiness and spinning of head associated with nausea and sometimes vomiting. It’s also associated with humming or ringing sensation/noise in the ears.

The causes can be-
1. Abnormal position of the neck- avoid using a pillow for a few days and see if it improves.
2. Migraine headaches
3. Inner ear problems- due to inflammation or Meniere's disease - Can be ruled out on examination by an ENT specialist.
4. Stroke causing compromised blood supply to the inner ear. This can be ruled out by a general physician after looking for all the risk factors.
5. Cervical spondylosis- usually associated with pain in the neck.
6. Metabolic conditions such as hyponatremia
You need to rule out the above conditions under the guidance of your physician and then get the treatment according to the diagnosis.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.