Vomiting gray liquid and have stomach ache. Suggest?

Vomiting gray liquid and have stomach ache. YYYY@YYYY

Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Follow-up: Vomiting gray liquid and have stomach ache. Suggest? 1 hour later

I woke up this morning with a bad stomach ache and soon began vomiting. I am vomiting gray liquid stuff and have thrown up 4 times today. I have not eaten anything gray. I did notice some seeds in the vomit - I had a big bowl of blackberries and strawberries last night. I've never seen vomit this color.

Can you help me? I don't drive and my son is out of town,
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 minutes later

The grey colored vomiting could be due to the undigested berry pulp.

Sometimes foods containing concentrated carbohydrates or fibers can cause sphincter spasm and prevent food from entering the intestines. This results in vomiting and stomach ache.

Need not worry, the pain and the vomiting will subside without any complications.

Its better to take antiemetics like Metoclopromide after consulting your treating doctor, meanwhile do take a glass of warm water with few drops of lemon juice in it. This will relax the sphincter and allow the food to pass below.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you goo health.