Vomiting for 2 days, vomikind, no relief. Treatment ?

my daughter has been vomiting for last two days and she had vomikind two hours back with no result
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later

To treat the vomiting first of all we need to know the cause.Most of the time, vomiting is caused by gastroenteritis, stomach flu, food poisoning, peptic ulcer disease, GERD, etc.

Other causes that need to be ruled out include central causes, medicines, etc.

You can take some general measures like:

1. You can start by giving her soft, bland food: toast, bananas, crackers, plain rice, cooked carrots, boiled potatoes etc.

2.Replace lost fluid and salts: Take broth, soup, fruit juices, soft fruits or vegetables.

3.Avoid the following foods: Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.), Cold drinks - stick to warm tea or water as long as symptoms persist, Raw fruits and vegetables, fried & greasy food and fast food, spicy food, caffeine,etc.

If the symptoms are not relieved , medical treatment is needed after proper examination.

Single dose of vomikind may not stop vomiting or it may take long time to act.

If taking vomikind is not helping her it means she needs other medicines like antibiotics, proton pump inhibitors, etc after proper examination from her physician.

Do not self- medicate her as it can be XXXXXXX

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.