Vomiting, diarrhea, loud breathing. Given anti vomit medication, no relief. CAT scan, blood work normal. Causes for severe vomiting?

I began vomiting about 1 month, it have steadly progress to me vomiting EVERTIME I eat. Sometimes I have diarrhea. My primary care physical prescribed a anit-vomiting medication, but I am still vomiting. I also have lower back pain, abdominal tenderness, and mucas that I have to spit out of my mouth on a regular basis. I have also noticed that my breath is very loud (as if I have been running

I don't have a fever and my blood work appears to be normal. Last night I went to the Emergency Room, I was given a CAT Scan and they didn't see anything wrong. They sent me home with some more anti-vomiting medicine and told me to eat the BRAT food. I tried it today and I still vomited. What coud be causing there symtoms?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 35 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query.

As per your history there is a high likelihood of you suffering from GERD (Gastro esophageal reflux disease). Since your CAT (Computerized Tomography) scan is normal there is no involvement of any serious pathology at present. Also regular spitting of mucus is seen in GERD.

Rather than plain anti-vomiting medications you should take a combination of proton pump inhibitor + anti vomiting agents.

Also take small frequent non spicy meals, do not stay hungry for longer duration. Avoid outside junk foods.

If symptoms are not controlled on medicines and healthy eating habits then you should see a gastroenterologist who might advise you for an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you a speedy recovery.