Vomiting and tiredness during menstruation. Is this normal?

ENT Specialist
when I am on my menstrual cycle I am very weak and vomit through out the whole time my period is on. i do not understand why. This has been going on since october 2011
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for the query,

Well, this is not a serious condition, from your history, it is clear that you have symptoms of recurrent vomiting along with lethargy, during your whole menstrual period.
The reason for this is just hormonal changes and acute blood loss, it is just a benign condition with no major complications.

you will have to take the following precautions to avoid these symptoms -
1. During your menses take plenty of fluids.
2. Take vitamins and minerals supplementation daily.
3. In case of any acute attack of vomiting,take a good anti emetic, you can get this prescribed by your local doctor.
4. Avoid possible travelling during menses.

Dont worry you will be alright.

hope this answer will help you and I will be available for future follow ups.