Vomiting. Taken emergency contraceptive pill Norlevo. Is vomiting a side effect?

Hello. i took the emergency contraception pill NORLEVO. Last time i used it it was July and in August after almost a month near the days of my menstruation i was vomiting and i was really sick. is that a coincidence? could it be a stomach flu? or was it caused by norlevo? i am really worried because i had to take norlevo again two days ago and i dont want to go through the same situation again.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Emergency contraceptive pill contains hormone which has side effects when it is taken and not after one month. The side effects which you had last time at the time of menses was not because of pill but due to some other reasons.

So do not worry, you will not have any of those same symptoms again.

Hope I have answered your query. Please do write back to me if you have further queries.

Best wishes.