Vomited after labored breathing, slight headache, severe UTI and increased heart rate

Wow! My heart beats at 120 beats per minute, I have labored breathing, slight headache, and a sever UTI for which I have been taking Cipro. I vomited slightly a while ago and haven't eaten since nor am I hungry.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Follow-up: Vomited after labored breathing, slight headache, severe UTI and increased heart rate 16 minutes later
I also have the pressure to urinate, and do so, every ten minutes (UTI).
Also have overactive bladder
Answered by Dr. Radhika 45 minutes later

You are having symptoms of increased heart beat, with labored breathing,vomiting, headache and increased frequency to pass urine.

All these are most probably due to abdominal pain, fever, and vomiting along with pain and urgency with urination.

Fever, labored breathing and a fast heart rate as seen commonly with Pyelonephritis (infection of the kidney).

You will need to consult a doctor and do investigations for this.

1.Urine microscopy and urine culture.
2.Blood count: a full blood count will show a raised white cell count, which indicates infection.
3.Ultrasound Abdomen.

You have taken Tablet Cipro but you might also need an urine alkalizer along with this and also need to consult physician about the right dosage and possible change in medication.

Meanwhile you could also follow the following remedies.

1.Adequate fluid intake to ensure the passage of 1½-2 litres of urine per day.
2.Women should always wipe from front to back after passing stool.
3.Women should empty the bladder after sexual intercourse.
4.Avoid spermicidal creams and diaphragm contraceptives as both these are 5.associated with a higher incidence of urinary tract infections.
6.Regular intake of cranberry juice appears to have a protective effect. A substance in cranberries prevents the adhesion of bacteria to the lining of the urinary tract.

Rapid advancement of UTIs can lead to dehydration, kidney failure, sepsis, so it is better to show to your physician as early as possible.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.