Voluminous, watery, yellow ejaculate; no pain. Worried about discoloration.

My ejaculate has recently been very volumous and watery in nature. Past month it has turned yellow to dark yellow in color and still watery. I have not been experiencing any pain; just worried about the discoloration. I am 38 years old.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 31 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

There can be changes in semen which occur from time to time. These changes can be due to a number of things including nutritional status, hydration status or possibly to infection.

In your case if you were my patient I would consider a short course of antibiotic to help clear a possible mild infection in the urethra. This is something you can discuss with your primary doctor.

Also if there is any concern for a sexually transmitted infection you need to have appropriate testing as well as this will possibly change the antibiotic selection.

In addition, focus on maintaining good fluid and food intake and monitor things for the time being. I would refrain from masturbation or sex for the next 3 days as well.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga