Voice hoarseness, on HCG diet. Common side effect ?

I have been on the HCG diet and have developed hoarseness. Can you tell me why.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 7 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

Hoarseness of voice is not a side effect of HCG (Human chorionic gonadotrophin).

The causes of hoarseness should be excluded which are benign vocal cord nodules , polyps,gastroesophageal reflux (GERD), allergies, inhalation of irritants/smoking, thyroid problems, trauma to the larynx/vocal cords, neurological conditions (Parkinson's disease and strokes) etc.

I advice you to visit the ENT surgeon.

Hope I have answered all your questions. I will be available for follow up queries if any.