Vitiligo under breast, neck, back & vaginal area. Pregnant. Will it go away after pregnancy?

Question
hi , i found just today i got mild vitiligo under my breast neck my back vagina some darker on my face ,its can go away after pregnancy ,iam 8 month pregnant
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

Skin dyspigmentation and lesions are very common during pregnancy.Such problems are attributed to hormonal and chemical mediators levels which alter considerably in pregnancy.

Most of them do get reversed few weeks after returning to prepregnant state.Some may need treatment.

The Elocon cream you are applying is one of the best for such skin problems seen during pregnancy.Do continue the same.

Do consult back the Dermatologist if you see any increase in the size of the lesions or any redness associated with lesions which can well be expected during later days of pregnancy.

Please accept my answer with a review , if you do not have any doubts.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Vitiligo under breast, neck, back & vaginal area. Pregnant. Will it go away after pregnancy? 17 hours later
hi,you mean the vitiligo i got he can go away after pregnancy,can i put some elocon cream on my face ,

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

Welcome back.

Yes, the chances of it disappearing after pregnancy are more.Also you can put the Elocon cream on the face.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Vitiligo under breast, neck, back & vaginal area. Pregnant. Will it go away after pregnancy? 32 hours later
then the elocon cream its not help,you now on my face some times its came red under the lips under the cheek because they are not patch vrey small spot all together you cant see them if i dont tell you , what does mean its came whiter whith time or can he stay like that thanks ,soory for my english

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later
Hi again,

Apply the cream only on larger patches, the smaller ones may not need any intervention.

As I said these lesions may vanish after pregnancy.

Wish you good health.