Vitamin D level 8.6. Prescribed uprise-D3 cap 60,000 IU. Is it safe?

Radiologist
Question
My Local doctor has prescribed me Uprise-D3 Cap 60,000 IU for 2 months to be taken once a week. Is it ok to take. My Vitamin D test level has come 8.6
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Vitamins

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 hours later

The most accurate test for diagnosis of vit-D deficiency is '25 hydroxy vitamin D'. Hope you have done the same.

Modified criteria for vit-D level are between 30-60ng/ml or 50-140 nmol/l. Without the unit of measurement, I am unable to judge your vitamin D status. We have to correlate with your report according to unit of measurement.

However as far the medication is concerned, your physician has suggested sufficient dose for your age and deficiency state. You continue with same treatment.

Fatty liver is common finding and no need to worry as all your levels are within normal limits.

Hope I have answered your query. Any further questions are welcome in follow up.