Vision gets blurred. Feeling discomfort in head and headache. Any thoughts?

Yesterday my vision started to blur my head felt some discomfort as in it felt spongy and heavy which then made me feel sick. The blurring went after about 20 mins but my head still felt strange and I still felt a bit sick... I don't normally suffer head aches and I don't have trouble with my vision ie wear glasses - any thoughts?
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 28 minutes later

The symptoms you explained are typically seen in conditions where the blood supply to the brain is hampered temporarily.This can happen due to atheromas in the carotid artery.

The other possibility for such an episode of dizziness is a cardiac problem , where the heart has rhythm disturbances leading to improper circulation.

I suggest you to first ascertain the cardiac well being by getting a 24 hour holter EKG , then go for Carotid artery doppler to rule out atheromas in the it.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.