Vision blurs with heart racing after exercise. Had high BP. Why does it happen?

my vision blurs with my heart beat after exercise. I'm 61 and jog about three times a week. The blurring follows after pushups. I have a history of high eye pressure. My blood pressure is normal.
Posted Sun, 1 Jul 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 12 hours later
Dear Matthews,
thanks for sending your query to us.
This is an indication that increase of intrathorasic pressure is being dispropotionately transferred to eye.
You have to have your BP,IOP and blood sugar and Lipid profile monitored,which aparently you do.
Avoid push ups ,but if you like doing them,there is no harm in trying them with your head held high.As bending head down still raises the pressure in the eye.If slightest bit of blurring persists you should refrain from doing them.You have to modify and alter your actions according to your status.We do not want this blurring to happen again.You have to re modify your exercise schedule to be non injurious to your body.
I presume that you have monitored your eye pressure recently and make a note of this on your next visit to the doctor.
please do get backtome in case of any problem.