Visible white pimple like wort on lower abdomen, spread to the penis skin like water bubbles. Advise ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
hi doctor
i have a white pimple like worts visible on the lower abdomen region in the begining with no pain or any diacharges or itching sensation. I observation today, these spots were extended on to the pennis skin and visible like water bubbles
pl Advise XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 48 minutes later
Hi there.

I have read and understood your problem.

There could be various causes of this condition. The closest possibility that I can think of based on your description is a condition called Molluscum contagiosum. It presents as pearly tiny wart like swellings with a pit in the centre.

It can occur anywhere on the body. It can spread from one person to another by contact and touch, can also be sexually transmitted. It is not harmful.
You can try some antibiotic ointment which can be prescribed by a doctor if there is any bleeding or skin damage.

Though, I still encourage you to consult a dermatologist for a closer direct examination to confirm the possibility. The best management of this condition is Nitrogen gas freezing or Cryotherapy which is performed by Dermatologist.

Cultivate healthy eating habits, drink plenty of water which also prevent urinary infections, practice safe sex, avoid stress in life, and sleep 6-8 hours a day.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Visible white pimple like wort on lower abdomen, spread to the penis skin like water bubbles. Advise ? 4 hours later
thanks for advise,
iam glad if you enlighten the cycle of discease on human body as it is viral or bacterial infection and possible general medicines may kindly be suggest.How long i will be away from normal congregations.
thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 5 minutes later
Hi there.

This is a viral infection. The name of the virus is Molluscum contagiosum virus. It is spread by contact from infected person to others. Usually no general medicines will help. It is only a superficial skin viral infection. Once you consult the Dermatologist the cryotherapy be done in one or more sittings which is the best and nearly painless way of removing them if they are causing disturbance to you.