Virgin, first time intercourse, no bleeding. Normal ?

General Surgeon
I am virgin and I had my first intercourse, however i did not bleed, is it possiable? is this normal?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 14 minutes later

It is not necessary for all virgins to bleed at the first intercourse.

It is absolutely normal, please do not worry about it.

As bleeding after first intercourse occurs mostly due to rupture of hymen, in modern era hymen may rupture due to many other activity like sports, cycling, horse riding, motorcycling and many more activity.

There are so many virgin girls in modern era who don`t bleed during first intercourse.     

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.