Very slim. Want to put on weight. Advice?

Hi Dr. Grief,

My self Mrs. XXXXXX. Dr. Grief i want advice as i want to put up weight. i'm very slim & weight only 45 kg with 4 feet 10 inch height. My age is 29 yrs.

kindly help in this regard.

with regards
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Increase Calorie Intake

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking.

Weight gain is the result of the increased calorie consumption against your daily needs.If you do it consistently you will gain weight.

Increase consumption of high calorie food like shakes,chocolates,cereals,high fat foods etc. Have regular exercise.

Also get your sugar and thyroid levels to rule out any abnormality.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Follow-up: Very slim. Want to put on weight. Advice? 9 minutes later
Thank you for revert Dr. Malhan,

would request if you can share diet planner with me. also want to know will intake of any mass gainer will help.

with regards
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Yes the mass gainer will help as they are XXXXXXX in proteins, amino acids and energy.
Please check your sugar levels and thyroid levels to see if there is an organic cause of low weight in your case.

You can check the calorie content of any food stuff from internet, try to take more than 500 calories per day for your requirement.

Usually the basic requirement for your age and weight is around 2000 cal. a day.Try at least 2500 cal. a day for few weeks to few months to gain weight.