Very fatigued, no energy, and pressure like feeling on head. Taken medications for sleeping, but no help

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
i'm very fatigued all the time, no energy, and a pressure like feeling on my head. Also, medications for sleeping haven't worked in 8 months. It's not dosage, because I've taken a higher dosage and I feel nothing.
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, we need to find out any underlying causes for fatigue. This would include checking levels of vitamin B12 and vitamin D, thyroid profile, hemoglobin, etc.

In addition, if there is muscular weakness and fatigue, then, a muscle disease or myasthenia gravis would need to be excluded.

For heaviness of head, medications such as Dothiepin or amitryptiline may be useful, which would also improve sleep.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist