Very acute pain above outside of left knee. VERY tender

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Very acute pain above outside of left knee. VERY tender to the touch. A bit of swelling in knee. No idea how it happened. Now, getting the chills.
Posted Wed, 6 Dec 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Follow-up: Very acute pain above outside of left knee. VERY tender 11 minutes later
I feel a knot right where it is extremely tender....
Follow-up: Very acute pain above outside of left knee. VERY tender 10 minutes later
The knee has now become quite swollen.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection may be there.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,as par your history it seems there is infection,so take antibiotics along with pain killer and do rest .You will get relief,if not than you have to go to local doctor for physical examination and investigation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Should I go get an antibiotic tonight? Or can I go to sleep and wait til morning? Is there any chance it's a blood clot?
Follow-up: Very acute pain above outside of left knee. VERY tender 16 minutes later
Hello. Still there?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Start antibiotics now.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Sorry for delay,I am busy in some procedure,you should start antibiotics right now in both case either infection or clot.Clot or infection can be diagnose clinically.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.