Vertigo, objects in focus move to right when turning head to left, when turning to right it is normal

Objects in focus move to the right when turning my head to the left. When turning to the right everything looks normal. Suffered from light vertigo past few days. When objects focused on straight seem to move slightly to the right.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 59 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

It seems from what you describe that you have a mild case of vertigo. As you probably know this is due to an inflammation of the inner ear and usually is a process that will slowly improve over time.

In the meantime there are some over the counter preparations which might improve your symptoms. The most commonly used preparation is antivert or meclizine which comes in a tablet which you can take three times per day as needed.

In addition I would also recommend some ibuprofen 400 to 600 mg three times per day as well for 3 to 5 days. It is important that you maintain good fluid hydration and abstain from alcohol or any drinks containing caffeine as well while your body equilibrates again.

I suggest that if in 3 days your symptoms are worse or no better that you make an appointment with your response has been helpful and if you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga