Vertigo, dizziness, increased heartbeats. Had breast cancer. Could this be a brain metastasis?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
At night when I turn my head there is a fleeting sensation , almost a "roller coaster" feeling which occurs on both the right and left side. I have had vertigo in the past so I know how that feels...this is different. Had my last vertigo issue in December had some dizziness when turning head to right while awake. That is gone now but the nighttime issue remains. Just had EKG, blood work and thyroid workup..because the daytime situations caused adrenaline rushes and heart race sensation. all OK . Blood Pressure meds were adjusted...daytime symptoms gone. Told, most likely, anxiety.......that might make sense when awake, but this is when I'm asleep.P.S. I'm a breast cancer survivor...that accounts for some anxiety I know. Could this be a brain metastasis?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
The feeling of being on a roller coaster while turning your head is most likely related to degenerative disc changes or cervical spondylosis. It happens primarily due to degenerative changes secondary to age in the cervical spine.
Your symptoms are not suggestive of a brain metastasis. Do not worry.

X-ray of neck in lateral view and MRI will help in the diagnosis.
It is important to correct any posture imbalances that you may have, whether in a sitting posture or in a standing posture. It is also very important to make sure that the pillow you use under your head is the correct size and thickness for your body.
You must consult your physician/neurosurgeon and get yourself evaluated.
Avoid stretching of shoulders, lifting any heavy weights and add diets XXXXXXX in calcium, vitamins especially vitamin B 12 and vitamin D to daily routine.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.