Vertical line between eyes and top of nose. Why does it keep coming back?

Have a red vertical line 0.5 inch long between my eyes on the top of my nose . I don't wear my glasses in bed. It goes away after a few days. Then re appears in a few days or a week.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 20 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Your skin rash due to spectacle wearing intermittently has a bearing especially when the material of the frame is not plastic/neutral substance. Metallic frames most commonly cause this, as the oxidized metal changes color and may react with the skin to cause the rash.

Ideally, a change to a better frame after informing this to the optician would be best. A good look at the skin region is a must, to check if any treatment is really needed. In that case, an alternative may be suggested for your spectacles, like contact lenses if it suits you. Anti-histaminic preparations may be prescribed as necessary.

Meanwhile try an aloe vera cream over the area at night, give a 5 min break between wearing your spectacles for long periods every hour at least.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.