Vertebral artery,minor stroke,vision problem,head and neck pain

Hi ,, i suffered a vertabral artery dissection 6 months ago which resulted in me suffering a minor stroke im physically fine however i have lost some of my visual field of sight as a result. I used to enjoy going to the gym, which i used to do a combination of a cardio workout and lifting wieghts. i have continued doing some cycling and running however i miss lifting wieghts my question is can i return to lifting wieghts ? if i cannot my second question is why not ?
regards Mark
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 1 hour later

Vertebral artery dissection presents with head and neck pain and intermittent or permanent stroke symptoms such as difficulty in speaking, impaired coordination and
visual loss.

Over 75% recover completely or with minimal impact on functioning.

The cause is mostly traumatic injury to neck but may also occur spontaneously.

Thrombolysis, stenting and surgery are not used as widely as anti coagulation or anti platelet drugs.

Since the above procedures are risky and reserved for cases not responding to medical treatment.

When you are going for cycling and jogging you can go for weight lifting gradually also since it did not affect any of your limbs.

But I also suggest you to visit a neurologist once with whom you were for follow up
from beginning.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.