Vericose veins in both cheeks of buttocks, protruding in different directions, burning sensation on sitting down, no chafing, rash. Cure ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have vericose veins in both cheeks of my buttocks. They are below the surface & are not red or blue but they do pertrude & spider out in diferent directions. There is a burning sensation that increaes in the afternoon or when I sit down. I went to a vascular doctor & he indicated he had never seen this condition but doubted the burning & the veins were connected. There are no indications of rash or chafing oon the skin surface. What is the cure ofr this.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later

From your description it seems that you are having perineal.

These are usually associated with edema or swelling, altered sensations like burning and even ulceration.

Methods of treatment for varicose veins and spider veins include sclerotherapy, duplex-guided sclerotherapy, laser therapy, Endolaser, mini-phlebectomy, and ambulatory surgery. The procedure adopted depends on the severity of affection and the area affected.

Meanwhile doing regular exercises might help in reducing the further progression of varicosity to some extent.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.