Vericocele of testicles, hanging of left testicle, heaviness, big vein on left side. Alternative treatment apart from surgery and embolization?

I am 29 year old male 5'8 165 lbs...My question is regarding my testicles, I believe I have a vericocele but I am not sure. Sometimes only left side seems to hang and sometimes both sides feel heavy. I can see big vein on left side. Does this sound lik vericocele and is there anything I can do besides surgery or embolization? Please help.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

It is very difficult to say without examination whether you are suffering from varicocele or not. You can confirm that by getting Doppler study to rule out varicocele.

Surgery or embolization for varicocele is offered only to patients who have severe pain that limits their activities or to those who are not able to conceive because of altered semen analysis.

You do not seem to be having lot of pain and you can get semen analysis done. If your semen analysis is fine then you are not a candidate for surgery or embolization.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.