Veins on feet which are visible through skin, prominent veins increasing. Which doctor should I go to?

ENT Specialist
Hi . I have veins on my left feet which are visible on the skin . Initially I had about 2 veins visible , now couple more are . Which doctor should I refer to ?

Thanks .
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 20 minutes later
Dear Sir,

I am Dr Ravinder Sharma. On the basis of the information provided it appears you have prominent veins in left feet and the number of prominent veins is gradually increasing.

Superficial veins in lower limbs drains into the XXXXXXX veins and prominent veins in limbs may be because of a variety of causes e.g. obstruction in outflow, defective valves, venous pooling of blood, etc., are the common causes. I would suggest you to contact a General surgeon for the same. If required, he or she can refer you to a vascular surgeon for further evaluation.

I hope this answers your concern. Let me know if you have other concerns.

With regards,
Ravinder Sharma