Veins are visible on the calf. Leg started hurting. What is causing this?

My daughter is 4 years old and on the back of her right calf he veins have started to show. They are pretty prodominate. I never noticed them until about a month ago. She always complains about her legs hurting and wants me to run them. It's been that way for about a year. She is fine all day it doesn't happen until she stops moving. The doctors say growing pangs, but now with this new development I am concerned..
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 minutes later

Thanks for the query

There is nothing to worry about the visible veins. Usually in growing children they tend to appear with decreasing sub cutaneous fat (fat underneath the skin). It is completely normal and requires no treatment. They will disappear eventually.

If the pain in the leg is debilitating and you notice that it is extremely severe then it is a cause for concern, mild aches and pains is common in children as they tend to get dehydrated. Please keep her hydrated with lots of fluids and water, her leg pain will come down

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health