Ask a Urologist   »  

Vein on penis, have varicose veins on legs and wrists, have varicocele. Should I be worried?

Average

Urologist
Question
Hi Doctor, I've had a vein appear on the right side of my penis. I have varicose veins on my legs (mild ones) and it seems I have them on my wrists as well :-( and now I've found a new vein on the right side of my penis, which I'm pretty sure is a varice. I also have a varicocole. Should I be worried about this penis vein? Would masturbation exacerbate the condition?
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Varicose veins in the legs need to be treated because the venous pressure is high in the legs (the farther away the veins are from the heart- higher the pressure). If untreated it may lead to leg ulcers and pain the legs. Early stages need only simple life style changes like leg elevation.

In penis, the veins play a very important role in the erection process.
The veins are visible because of absence of fat in the penis.
It is just that u might have noticed it only now.
These veins are part of the normal anatomy and there is nothing to worry.
Masturbation usually does not lead to damage to the veins unless it is very intense.
Hope you are convinced.
kindly do not hesitate to write back for doubts that u may have....

Dr GS

Follow-up: Vein on penis, have varicose veins on legs and wrists, have varicocele. Should I be worried? 3 minutes later
Hi doctor, well I'm pretty sure this is a new vein. I know my genitalia pretty well, and I have not seen this one before. If it is a varicose vein, should I look into treatment?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 25 minutes later
Hi

Thank you for your reply.
Varicose veins are diagnosed by clinical examination.
It is advisable to have yourself examined by a urologist and take it from there.
Wishing you best health.

Dr GS

Follow-up: Vein on penis, have varicose veins on legs and wrists, have varicocele. Should I be worried? 5 minutes later
Ok, thank you.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
Hi

Welcome and take care.

Dr GS