Vein on neck poops up while eating. Something that I have to worry about?

Hi. I am wondering what is the meaning of, while eating my vein on my left side neck was pooping up, is this something that I have to worry about ?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The prominent vein on the side of your neck while eating is due to an increased vascularity in the area due to the work done by the muscles while eating. Please do not worry. This is just a physiological variation and is not indicative of any disease process.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.