Varicocele on left side.Surgery or embolization?

Hello I was diagnosed with vericocele on left side. My question is should I go for open surgery or embolization? which is better or effective.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

For the treatment of varicocele traditionally surgery has been performed but embolization is a new treatment option which is as effective as surgery and does not involve any surgical incision. The recovery period in this is quite less and is also associated with less complications.

It can be a choice if performed by a skilled surgeon or Interventional Radiologist who perform this procedure. Please discuss with your doctor and accordingly followed.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.