Variations in blood pressure. On lisinopril and apo metoprolol. What could be done?

Hello my name is XXXXXXX and I just joined and sent a question on my concussion. My body is going a mile a minute since Sept 9th the day of the concussion. My blood pressure 160 to 130 and the bottom number 90 to 100 with pulse ranging from 62 to 92. After five weeks I took an extra half pill (5 mg) Lisinopril of my bp pills and my bp dropped to the 70's and around body and mind seem to relax and slowed me down. I having been taking 5 mg of lisinopril once a day and Apo Metoprolol (25 mg) twice a day 2 tablets. I don't see my doctor for another 2 weeks, should I take the extra each day or is my body just starting to slow down? any impact on my concussion blood to the brain???
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Keep tracking Blood pressure and medicine dose until appointment...

Detailed Answer:

As long as your blood pressure (BP) is stabilized to 130/70, then, you can keep the actual dose of lisinopril 5 mg once daily and apometoprolol 25 mgx2 day.

I'd also suggest to monitor your BP, record the results, and can pass them to your cardiologist to evaluate better your BP oscillations.

If the results you get are higher than 150/90, then, you can take the extra dose of lisinopril (half pill). If your heart rate is higher than 100, can take extra dose of apometoprolol (half pill) for only that day.

If the next day, the results will be the same higher, can take the extra dose too.

No bad effect would be on your concussion blood to the brain; on contrary, that will have a positive effect on concussion because it will stabilize your BP.

Hope it helped answering your question!

p.s. if you have further concerns, do not hesitate to contact me