Vaginal yeast infection prevalent after eating. Taking boracid. What should I do?

Mar 2016

I am taking boracid for my vagina every night for a yeast infection and it does well until I eat something . I am not eating nothing high in sugar I am eating what they tell me brown rice, fish, vegetables, and a little fruit but the smell keeps coming like I will never be able to wear underwear and pants again what should I do?
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. I am more concerned with your current problem.

From your given history and clinical picture, I can assume that you are suffering from chronic vaginal yeast infection which is more prevalent after eating.

Here, I would suggest to undergo one culture and sensitivity test of vaginal discharge which helps to rule out other causative agent and determine better drug treatment.

Next thing, you have to eliminate or correct some additional predisposing factors like mental stress, lack of sleep, poor eating habits, hormonal imbalance, certain medicines (like hormone pills, antibiotics, steroids etc), cervicitis or atrophic vaginitis, weak immune system, poor genital hygiene etc.

It may be aggravated by using chemical substance like lubricant or jelly with condom or soap/ detergent/ other bath products, causing repeated friction and irritation inside vagina. So, you have to modify all these things to get effective result. You can consult with your gynecologist for proper guidance.

TREATMENT: In chronic or resistant case, culture and sensitivity test is more useful to modify treatment protocol.

In the mean time, I suggest vaginal suppository or cream in combination with clotrimazole, clindamycin, metronidazole (like CLINGEN PLUS) at bed time. Hope, it helps you to get effective result. If you have sexual partner, he also needs complete course of anti-fungal medication. Kindly, procure a prescription from your doctor.

Second thing, you must maintain your vaginal pH and acidic media gives quite protection against recurrent infection. However, it is quite difficult to maintain during or after menopause. But, you can use RepHresh pH for balancing vaginal pH. It is quite effective.

Following life style changes are quite helpful in this case:

1) Take healthy diet as you have mentioned with anti oxidant (like Vitamin -E or C, selenium, zinc, lycopene etc) supplements. Drink plenty of water or juice for better systemic circulation. You must avoid salty, sugary or fatty foods.

2) Do not touch/ wipe out genital area too much. Also avoid inserting objects or douching inside vagina. Hormonal imbalance should be corrected.

3) Maintain genital hygiene properly (use pH neutral soap only). Do regular light physical exercise and avoid mental stress by meditation/ yoga (15-30 min daily).

4) Wear only clean and cotton underwear. Don't wear any tight fitting cloths or pants to avoid repeated friction/ irritation. Take sound sleep adequately.

5) Avoid chemical cosmetics or soap or scented bath products. Avoid sexual intercourse till the problem is completely resolved.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
Follow-up: Vaginal yeast infection prevalent after eating. Taking boracid. What should I do? 46 hours later
well I use the waterworks product to cut the odor down it is a silver medel nozzle and you douche with clear water. Is that ok?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 6 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

Yes, you can use WaterWorks Natural Vaginal Cleansing System in alternative to RepHresh vaginal pH gel. It is also effective for balancing vaginal ecosystem and removes vaginal & feminine odor in natural way.

However, you would take above treatment and follow the guideline to get effective result with WaterWorks Product. It will be useful to prevent recurrent infection.

Hope, it helps for you. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion.

All the best. Good luck.

Dr Soumen