Vaginal ultrasound showed pocket of extra fluid around embryo. Does this increase chances of miscarriage?

Dec 2012

I just had a vaginal ultrasound at 5 weeks. Saw sac and embryo but also a pocket of extra fluid. Does this mean an increased chance of miscarriage?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 14 minutes later

Just wish to know where the extra fluid was found? Is it at the pouch of XXXXXXX or around the embryo. This does not signify any increased chance of miscarriage. If there is fluid in pouch of XXXXXXX then it is most probable an infection that needs to be treated in order to prevent it from causing a miscarriage. Try asking your gynobs again what or where the extra fluid is located. Then you can communicate the answer to me so I can help you further.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any follow-up questions.
Please if you are satisfied with my answer you can accept it.
Thank you
Dr Nsah