Vaginal ultrasound done. Heartbeat not seen and heard. Had I miscarriage?

I had a vaginal ultrasound at 7 weeks. We saw and heard heartbeat. I had another at 8 weeks and it's gone. Any possibility ultrasound missed it.
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Follow-up: Vaginal ultrasound done. Heartbeat not seen and heard. Had I miscarriage? 2 minutes later
Should I have a followup ultrasound before D&C. Are there any reported cases of Intravaginal ultrasound being wrong.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us

No usually the reports are right but if you feel there is no harm in getting it repeated

You can get blood beta hCG levels done as they are reduced if it is a case of missed abortion

Try to find out the cause

Best wishes