Vaginal spotting after bowel movement. Implantation bleeding diagnosed. Not pregnant. Tried physical therapy for tilted pelvis

Question
I have an issue with vaginal spotting after a bowel movement. At times, it is just slight pink or red spotting, other times it is with small 'clots'. I am not on birth control (have not been for 3+ years) and have not gotten pregnant. I have had exams and my OBGYN has not seen any issues. They have suggested it is implantation bleeding, but (again) I have not/been pregnant. This issue has occurred over 2 years now. Also, I have an tilted pelvis and have gone to physical therapy for pelvic floor. This has not helped either. Thanks!
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
Irregular vaginal spotting after a bowel movement suggests that there is some hormonal disbalance or a cervical lesion which is causing the recurrent spotting. But before coming to a conclusion, I would like to know few more things which will help me in suggesting you better:
1) Are you having this bleeding with every bowel movement for the last three years?
2) Are you having a heavy bleeding during your periods?
3)Is the spotting after a bowel movement comes only on the tissue or it continues afterwards also?
4) Do you suffer with any diagnosed medical conditions?
5)Do you experience similar spotting after intercourse also?
6) What is the duration of your cycle now?
Kindly reply me with the answers as this will help me in suggesting you better.

Awaiting for your reply.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Vaginal spotting after bowel movement. Implantation bleeding diagnosed. Not pregnant. Tried physical therapy for tilted pelvis 50 minutes later
Dr. Tayal, thank you so much for your response. To answer your questions:
1) Are you having this bleeding with every bowel movement for the last three years? Not every bowel movement. Actually only a few times a month, most bowel movements are without spotting.
2) Are you having a heavy bleeding during your periods? My periods are regular with light to medium bleeding. They usually last 3 days.
3)Is the spotting after a bowel movement comes only on the tissue or it continues afterwards also? The spotting comes only on the tissue. I usually do not need a panty liner or see spotting on my underwear afterwards.
4) Do you suffer with any diagnosed medical conditions? I do not have a current diagnosis.
5)Do you experience similar spotting after intercourse also? No, I do not see the spotting after intercourse.
6) What is the duration of your cycle now? My cycle is usually about 28-30 days.
Thank you!

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Occasional spotting after a bowel movement might be due to an intestinal colic causing a uterine contraction leading to slight spotting. Sometimes this spotting from vagina is harmless, but sometimes it’s an alarming sign of serious problem.
Since there is no bleeding after sex, vaginal infections or cervical lesions are unlikely.
You must consult your gynecologist to rule out the various causes.
The doctor will need to perform several tests including :
1- Pap smear
2- Vaginal Culture
3-STD serology tests
4- Hormonal Tests
5-Colposcopy
With these tests , your doctor will be able to determine the cause to give you the appropriate treatment .

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Vaginal spotting after bowel movement. Implantation bleeding diagnosed. Not pregnant. Tried physical therapy for tilted pelvis 8 minutes later
Thank you very much, yes this is VERY helpful! and worth the $9.95! I will consult with my gynecologist with the information you provided!

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 hours later
You are most welcome.