Vaginal pain, soreness, bacterial vaginosis, taken antibiotics, done pelvic exam

yesterday, wasmy first time using a vibrator and i was really not so clean with it.....i whipped it down with alcohol and then put water on it and i dries it with the bath towel...but i still was touching it until i used i used it and i stuck in half way bcs it was a small vibrator but i raised it to high....last night i was hurting and was sore and burning....i went to the ER today to get it checked out and they performed a pelvic exam and they found bv..and agve antiobotics...could this have caused my bv
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 9 hours later

Any vibrator, shower gels or deodarants containing alcohol can cause bacterial vaginosis.

Along with antibiotics you can take anti fungal medications like Fluconazole or Secnidazole.

Probiotics which contain Lactobacilli are given for at least 60 days to prevent the recurrence.

Do not wear tight and damp undergarments.

Always wipe the area from front to back so as to prevent the bacterial infection.

For soreness you can apply Neosporin ointment.

I hope my suggestions are useful for you.

I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Vaginal pain, soreness, bacterial vaginosis, taken antibiotics, done pelvic exam 56 minutes later
Oh ok they gave me oral antiobotics but i can take something for a yeast infection at the same time......could i have gotten an infection overnight ....bcs i am very sore and maybe also because i did not use lubrication....i did not know it was my first what do you suggest i put for burning....why do i burn so much?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

You can use drugs for Yeast infection also or can apply local antifungal and antibactaerial cream under your Physician's guidance.

There is possibility of soreness which started overnight. There could be traumatic injury to urethral opening due to vibrator. This gives burning sensation once the injured mucosa comes in contact with urine.

Wash the affected are with antiseptic lotion to avoid infection. Injury will settle over the period of time.

Drink plenty of water, so that urine that you pass will be diluted. Concentrated urine causes more burning.

You can apply Xylocaine cream 2% locally to reduce the burning.

Hope my recommendations help you.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Vaginal pain, soreness, bacterial vaginosis, taken antibiotics, done pelvic exam 1 hour later
Can i get that over the counter like at a Walgreens.........and can i use something right now for the yeast infection like monistant...
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 6 hours later

Yes you can use monistant or nystatin cream.

Wish you good health.