Vaginal pain, orange urine, orange mucus discharge

Yesterday I got a sharp pain that went up my vagina I went to the loo and the urine that came out was orange with an orange mucus type discharge????
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
An orange colored urine with mucus can be caused by having foods with dyes. Think about what you’ve been eating lately. Do any of the foods have red food coloring in them?
Other contributory factors that need to be considered are-
1. First of all irritation in the bladder needs to be ruled out. This could lead to some blood escaping into the urine which you may have noticed with the change in urine color. It can be caused by infection, decreased water intake, excessive acidic urine, etc.

2. Excessive stress of muscles can lead to a small amount of muscle breakdown. This can sometimes caused a change in color of the urine and particularly a pink or red color. This is sometimes referred to as
rhabdomyolysis. I don't think this is what explains your symptoms.

3. Infection of urine, renal calculus are the other causes that need to be ruled out.
To confirm the diagnosis, you can get a routine urine examination done which will show pus cells and protein in the urine.
If it is actually a due to the mucosal injury it is causing, slight bleeding is there.
For diagnosis, an ultrasound scan of lower abdomen is advisable.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.