Vaginal itching, tried yeast infection pill, pin worm pill and Aterax. Turns red and hot, white blotching

My daughter is 7years old and is special needs in diapers. She has been experiencing extreme vaginal itching. Her doctor has tried a yeast infection pill, pin worm pill, vaginal itching cream and is now on Aterax. I has tried a few home remedies myself such as garlic drops in her Gtube and probiotics. my concern is that when she is itching she turns red and gets really hot and gets white blotches all over her body. I feel so helpless.
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later

I understand your problem and will advise you accordingly.

According to your description it can be candidiasis (yeast inf),intertrigo,Napkin dermatitis , psoriasis.All these are common in diaper area and can cause redness and itching.

I would also like to know.
-Since how long is she having this problem?
-With the yeast treatment has she got any relief?
-White blotches on body persist or go away?
-Has she got whitish flakes on vaginal area?
-Are the skin lesions scaly/raised /flat/fluid filled/any pus?
-Has she undergone blood workup any time?

Can you upload good quality photographs of affected area?

Please answer the above questions to help you better.

Anticipating you reply.

Dr Sudarshan