Vaginal itching, left labia minora edges white, red rash on inside right labia minora, redness in area between vagina & anus

General Surgeon
Question
I have had itching and discomfort in the vaginal area. After looking at things, I see that the left labia minora has turned white around the edges and I have a red rash on the inside of right labia minora. The area between the vagina and anus is red and has a scaly appearance to it....but it is smooth to the touch.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later
Hello.

Thanks for posting query.

Itching and discomfort in the vaginal area is most commonly due to some infection like yeast, bacterial or viral.

Sometimes, it may be accompanied by vaginal discharge, character which may vary depending upon the type of infection.

Red rash on the inside of right labia minora and redness in the area between vagina and anus with scaly appearance again suggest some infection.

Local application of ointment containing antifungal & antibiotics, along with oral antihistaminic may help you.

Keep the area clean and dry.

Opinion of Gynecologist may be beneficial / fruitful for early recovery. Course of oral antifungal and antibiotics is also desirable..

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Regards.