Vaginal itching after intercourse, no discharge, cervical biopsy done, lubricant used. Is it an allergic reaction?

Hello, my girlfriend and I had sex one week ago, and her vagina has been in discomfort since. At first, she said it was a moderate chafing, and over the course of the week it has come and gone. The last two nights, however, she reported a SEVERE ITCHINESS around the outside and immediate inside of her vagina. She did NOT report any unusual discharge or change in the visual appearance of her vagina. The itching is more severe at night and changes to soreness at times. We had sex 4 times last weekend (likely too much), and she was on her period, which was a somewhat difficult period for her because she had a biopsy done in her cervix about 10 days before that. I used a Latex condom, but she has NOT had allergic reactions to latex before. We used a water soluble lubricant containing Propylene Glycol, Polyethylene Glycole, Hydroproxypropylcellulose, and lactic acid. We think the lubricant may have contributed to the discomfort somehow. We do NOT believe we have any STDs (both tested recently). My girlfriend is 25, 5’5” and 110 lbs. Please advise as to what this itch/soreness is so long after sex and what we can do to heal it.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 10 hours later
Thanks for the query

You have mentioned about cervical biopsy.
What was the diagnosis for which biopsy was done at such a young age.
Was there any irregular bleeding or contact bleding.
Biopsy is usually done for bad cervical erosions.
Please attach the report for the more clear picture.

For soreness and itching she can use mild steroid and anti inflammatory cream.
Both partners should take a course of Flagyl.
Clindamycin locally or orallly usually cures the vaginitis.It should be taken under your doctor's guidance.
She can take oral levocterizine tablet.
Tell her not to use soap , dettol . perfumed shower gels or deodorants.
She can wash with vaginal wash containing lactobacilli which is available in US also.
Natural yougurt will also help.

I hope this answers your query
Any further query is most welcome
Best wishes

Follow-up: Vaginal itching after intercourse, no discharge, cervical biopsy done, lubricant used. Is it an allergic reaction? 38 minutes later
Thank you. The biopsy was to assess whether there were pre-cancerous cells in the cervix, however, it came back OK (no pre-cancerous condition). The biopsy was conducted after a pap showed that there could be pre-cancerous cells. There was NO irregular or contact bleeding. Please let me know if this changes your assessment.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later
Welcome again

No there is no change in the treatment.
You can continue the medication.

Best wishes