Vaginal infection, prescribed cansoft cl. is it safe?

hi, my girlfriend is having vaginal infection. she consulted the gynocologist , so she asked her to use cansoft cl .
i wanted to know whether is it safe to use it ? is she pregnant ?
Posted Thu, 14 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 56 minutes later

What I understand from your questions is that your girl friend is having vaginal infection.

Gynecologist has advised drugs for the same. I do not understand where comes the question of pregnancy?

The medicines that is given, is used to treat fungal infection. These are good drugs and one can use it without any problem.

Unless you had unprotected sex and your girl friends have missed her periods than only question of pregnancy arises. Unless she misses her periods there are no chances of pregnancy.

I hope this helps and clarifies your doubt.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Follow-up: Vaginal infection, prescribed cansoft cl. is it safe? 10 minutes later
we had sex few days back , we didnt use condom . The next day she started having white vaginal discharge .
what is the cause of this fungal infection ?? is it because of unprotected sex ??
and one more thing , when ever we had sex she never likes it , she has a lot pain what is the reason behind it ???
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 11 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Fungal infection are not sexually transmitted.There could be various reason for getting this infection.

Some form of fungus is normally present in vagina,when some favorable condition are there they grow and leads to infection.

Pain during sex can be due to infection.

One word of caution:Please avoid unprotected sex.Apart from pregnancy it can exposes you risk of lots of sexually transmitted diseases.

I hope this helps.

Follow-up: Vaginal infection, prescribed cansoft cl. is it safe? 4 hours later
Sir, one last thing that i want to know is that , i have a cut on my penis (main shaft).
The cut happened accidentally, due to which my penis was infected. I checked it out with a doctor n was treated . The infection got cured properly. After a week me and my girlfriend had sex .
So is it because we had sex the reason, that my girlfriend is having this infection ??
what are the measures that should be taken in order to prevent this infection from happening in future??
Follow-up: Vaginal infection, prescribed cansoft cl. is it safe? 32 minutes later
The infection happened along with the puss formation. Lately the puss was taken out and treated. It was cured properly.A week after that me and my girlfriend had sex. so is it ok for both of us to have sex after this?
Follow-up: Vaginal infection, prescribed cansoft cl. is it safe? 2 minutes later
in the above question i am talking about my penis infection .

i am sorry for not mentioning it in the above question.
Please help us out .
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

I can understand your concern.

First of all to prevent transmission of disease you must avoid unprotected sex should use condom to prevent transmission.

I do not think the infection is passed on by you to your partner. As the medicines prescribed were to treat fungal infection. Still it is better that you discuss with the treating doctor about the probable diagnosis. As far as fungal infections are concerned they are not transmitted sexually.

The common reasons for fungal infection in females are:

>Factors that encourage an excess growth of vaginal yeast include:
> Using antibiotics.
>Having high estrogen levels (hyperestrogenemia), such as during pregnancy, HRT or ERT) use, high-dose birth control pill use, and the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle.
>Having diabetes, especially if your blood sugars are not well controlled and tend to be high.
> Having an impaired immune system.
>Using corticosteroids, such as prednisone.
>Being overweight.

These are the common ones and shard just for your information; please do not research on this.

Please do not worry and do not become very anxious over this issue.