Vaginal discharge, sometime it is green, excessive sweating in armpits. Allergy ?

I have been dealing with a continuous vaginal discharge that doesnt seem to go away. The discharge is always a lot and sometime it even comes out light XXXXXXX Doctors have put me on several treatments but no resolutions. Right now, I'm pretty desperate for a break. Its embarrassing and uncomfortable. I take several showers during the day so I know that is not because of my hygiene. I have been dealing with this situation for about 2 years now and it always seems to come back. What can I do? What do I need to cut out of my diet? Could I be allergic to something? I need help.

Also, recently I have been sweating a lot. If I walk for a few minutes, I start perspiring. Depending on what I wear, my dress pants/dresses get damped and my armpits start smelling. It feels like my body is out of control. I’m only 29 so I know it cant be menopause. Please help me. I don’t know what to do anymore. My body is just out of control.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 8 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

Lactobacillus plays an important role in maitaining the vaginal flora. It produces lactic acid which lowers the vaginal pH to below 4.5 and defers the growth of Anaerobes and maintains the ecosystem in the vagina.

Low pH reduces the adherence of bacteria to the vaginal epithelium.

Bacterial vaginosis is the commonest cause of vaginal discharge in women. The normal Lactobacilli dominating vaginal flora is replaced with anaerobes and other organisms. There will be fishy, thin and homogeneous discharge. It is usually associated with preterm births, late miscarriages and pelvic inflammatory diseases.

Treatment with Antibiotics like Metronidazole and Clindamycin, Orally or vaginally will help you.

Avoidance of washing of genital area with soaps, shower gel, and other alkaline detergents really helps a lot. You can wash your perineum area with wash containing Lactic acid and Lactoserum.

pH balanced products are also more alkaline and should be avoided.Douching should be discouraged.

Natural youghrt or lactobacillus acidophilus gives short term relief.

Regarding sweating all over the body, it could be due to Hypothyroidism also. Stress can be one of the aggravating factors. Get your Thyroid Function tests done.

As far as diet is concerned, cut off sugar, caffeine and alcohol. Yoga and meditation will also help to reduce the stress.

Drink lots of fresh fruit juices and vegetable soups.

If you don't find the relief with these measures, kindly consult your doctor.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for follow up queries if any.