Vaginal discharge, shoulder and back pain, swollen feet, fatigue. Tested negative for chlamydia. Suggestions?

For the past two weeks I have had a foul smelling vaginal discharge along with intense shoulder pain and lower back and buttocks pain. I have had severe fatigue along with swollen feet. I was tested for clamydia and i believe trich that was negative. I am really not feeling well and cannot g
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 23 hours later

Thanks for the query

Foul smelling discharge usually indicates bacterial vaginosis and pain can be due to pelvic inflammatory disease

Swollen feet can be due to kidney infection , get your kidney function tests done

Blood pressure check up is very important

Take salt restricted diet and consult your physician for that

For foul smelling discharge wash it with lactobacilli containing vaginal wash
Do not use soap

You can keep vaginal pessaries containing clindamycin and tinidazole

Take a course of flagyl and fluconazole under your doctor's guidance and prescription

Pain in buttocks and shoulder can be due to calcium deficiency , get your serum calcium and Vit D levels done but be cautious while taking any drugs or supplements as you are having kidney problem.

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome