Vaginal culture showed klebsiella pneumoniae in vagina. Is this dangerous?

I had a vaginal culture and was told that I have klebsiella-pneumoniae in my vagina. Is this dangerous? How did I get something like this? I do not have a UTI and have not been to the hospitial.
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 24 minutes later

During intercourse, there occur small vaginal lacerations and these are more susceptible to infections. Klebsiella pneumoniae rarely causes vaginitis.

It is mainly responsible for UTI. Therefore, you may have asymptomatic UTI. It is not XXXXXXX can be treated and cured completely.

Consult your Gynecologist & carry out Urine investigations like Urine routine & urine culture sensitivity.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.