Vaginal bleeding while coughing, sneezing, pressure on pelvic cavity. History of high BP. Causes for bleeding?

Hello.. Beginning in August, I had a menstrual period that lasted until a week ago (bled for 4 months). The bleeding stopped last week, but now every time I cough or sneeze while sitting, the pressure exerted on my pelvic cavity causes vaginal bleeding that lasts only a few minutes. It seems the blood is uterine blood, as I haven't had any symptoms to suggest that I've lost too much blood, despite the abnormally heavy bleeding I've had at times in the past months. I do have pain in my lower back and pelvic area, as well as the floor of my pelvis. I also have elevated BP which began 2 years ago (@ 135/105 every day).. in case this may be related. I have delayed seeing my doctor while waiting for my health insurance to begin. Can any of you tell me some things that would cause this to happen, and at what point this would become emergent? I am not sexually active, not pregnant, and have never had children.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 6 hours later
There are several causes of symptoms like the ones you are reporting. These include
•     Uterine fibroids
•     Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
•     Adenomyosis of the uterus
I would suggest the following:
•     Get an ultrasound of the pelvic region done
•     Get your haemoglobin done
•     Hypertension should be controlled. Restrict salt in your diet
•     Take iron supplements

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.