Vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain, endometriosis. How to seek immediate care?

Heavy vaginal bleeding with severe pelvic painI am a fairly healthy 24 year old female with a history of endometriosis. currently I am having severe pelvic pain with movement and extremely heavy vaginal bleeding that is bright red with no clots what so ever for the past 2 days. could this be related to the endometriosis or could it be something different, also how soon should I follow up with my gyn or do I need to seek care immediately?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 53 minutes later
Heavy menstrual bleeding, painful bleeding, painful intercourse are often seen with endometriosis. You are young so get yourself treated as early as possible, it will help in prevention of progress of disease. Your Gynecologist may ask you to have ultrasound of uterus and ovaries with some blood tests like ca-125. Meanwhile you take good diet XXXXXXX in iron like XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, pulses, XXXXXXX etc and drink plenty of fluids.

Follow-up: Vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain, endometriosis. How to seek immediate care? 29 minutes later
I was just asking cause the bleeding seems alot heavier than usual and the fact that its bright red which has never happened before and I'm not sexually active.
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later
Heavy bleeding in your case could be because of endometriosis, stress, hormonal fluctuations. To find out the exact cause you need to be examined and evaluated by Local Gynecologist who may advise some investigations as mentioned earlier.

Best wishes