Vaginal bleeding after medical pregnancy termination. Sonography pelvis results. Is there any complications?

hello,on friday i went through a medical termination,i was 6weeks 2 days pregnant ,i bled till yesterday and today i went for a sonography (pelvis) my gynaec is outstation i don't know who to consult and can't really understand what the report says. urinary bladder is well distended, uterus is anteverted and normal in size. mixed echogenic products are seen in the endometrial cavity mesauring 16x16x13 mms.
both ovaries are normal in size and echopattern. no overian/adnexal mass lesion is seen. no free fluid in the pouch of XXXXXXX

impression: USG findings are s/o incomplete abortion with retained products of conception as described above.

could you please help me with this and tell me complicated this is? i dont want to go through a surgery or any other process , can it be fixed through medication?
Posted Tue, 29 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 2 hours later
This report is suggestive of incomplete abortion. This means that the products in the Uterus were not expelled out completely. If not treated at this time can cause on and off vaginal bleeding, infections.

In my opinion you should consult any other local Gynecologist for its removal by medicine. A simple medication should suffice initially if taken at this. If not it may need a surgery.

If after medicine also, products are not completely expelled then surgical method like suction evacuation is required.

Meanwhile I suggest to take iron and multivitamins tablet so that your hemoglobin does not go down.

Hope this answers your query and gives you a direction.

Best wishes