Vaginal bleeding. Taking chantix. Smoking. Whats the reason for vaginal bleeding?

I am 26 year old female...been taking chantix for about 2 weeks and I have been having vaginal bleeding for going on 8 days. My first day of my last period was May 29th. My regular period is supposed to start today, and up until today, I haven't had any cramps or other menstrual pains. I don't know if I should remain on chantix. I don't have any health issues, aside from smoking. My periods have always been pretty regular.
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Chantix (Varenicline) does not have any expected side effects on the genital tract.

The cause of the bleeding in you could be due to some other problem which has to be worked on.Most often it could be due to hormonal imbalance .I suggest you to consult a gynaecologist for the same.

If Chantix is helping you to quit smoking then stopping it would be of no use to you.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.