Vagina started itching and rectum started hurting after vaginal herniation. What treatment should be done?

Question
Years ago I herniated my vaginal wall, a few weeks ago it felt like I partially did it again. Since then my vagina was itchy and hurt along with my rectum. I used monistat and urisom, now its more just my rectum and it hurts so bad. Then when I went to the bathroom puss and blood came out. It feels like my butt is being ripped inside out. I do not want rectal prolapse.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 48 minutes later
The herniation of rectum through the vaginal wall happens due to weakness of the perineal musculature. The passing of blood and pus is worrisome and needs to be examined and requires systemic antibiotics for treatment.
The treatment of prolapse includes doing kegel exercises, vaginal pessaries and n severe and long standing cases, surgery is recommended.
You need to consult your gynecologist for an examination and can plan the further treatment accordingly.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.